Updated: Apr 11
We had some ripe bananas so Michael decided to bake a banana bread. Delicious!!
2 cups (256 grams) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (116 grams) butter
3/4 cup (150 grams) light brown sugar
2 eggs - beaten
2 1/3 cups (700 grams) over-ripe bananas (about 4 full-size bananas)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C)
2. Lightly grease a 9 by 5 inch (23 by 13 centimeter) pan
3. Make sure the butter is soft, but not liquid
4. Cream the butter and brown sugar together
5. Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl
6. Add the eggs and mashed bananas to the butter/sugar mixture and blend together
7. Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with the flour in it. Do not put the flour
into the blender! Using a whisk, lightly blend the banana mixture into the flour.
8. Pour mixture into the baking pan
9. Put into oven for 55 to 60 minutes until a toothpick placed in the middle comes
10. Cool on rack in the pan for 10 minutes
11. Turn out of pan and cool on the rack for 60 minutes
Cut, serve and enjoy!