If you have lots of rice and vegetables left over in the refrigerator, then you should consider making fried rice.
The recipe does not use soy sauce nor oyster sauce. I do not even use salt as I want to taste the ingredients.
Fried rice is usually made to clean up the refrigerator using what you have on hand but I like to make it as a side when I have company or when I want leftovers so I use new ingredients.
Cooked rice, cooled (Rice from 1 to 2 days before is best!!!!!!)
Mild Italian sausage
Frozen peas and carrots thawed. (Sometimes I forget to thaw so I will cook them longer)
Green onions chopped thinly. The green onions add so much flavor so do not forget to add.
1.Heat up a wok or a large frying pan, drizzle 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil and put the heat up to high.
2. Once the pan is hot, bring the heat down to medium/ medium high. Add the cut up sausage pieces and cook. When done, set aside on a platter.
3. Add the eggs onto the pan you fried the sausage. Stir until they are softly cooked. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside on top of the cooked sausage on the platter. Break up any large egg pieces.
4. Drizzle sesame oil in pan and cook the peas and carrots until they are almost cooked. Set aside on top of the eggs and sausage on the platter.
5. Add more sesame oil to the pan. Add the rice to the pan and fry. Add more sesame oil on the rice if it becomes dry as you fry.
6. Carefully add the platter ingredients (sausage, egg, peas, and carrots) to the rice and mix completely. Mix very well until ingredients are all warmed up.
7. Add in the chopped green onion and fry until it turns aromatic.
8. Mix very very well!! Now the fried rice is ready. Serve with some homemade chili oil. It's yummy delicious!!